Date: September 22, 2012
Location: The Refinery, 607 & 609 Dufferin Avenue, Saskatoon, SK
Time: 9:00 am registration with program to begin at 9:45 am
Early Bird Fees: PWAC members $75; Saskatchewan Writers' Guild member $90; supporting organization members $100; and general public $120
*Early Bird payment deadline is August 15, 2012*
The Professional Writers’ Association of Canada (PWAC), Prairies and North Region, invites you to Connect, Celebrate, & Collaborate with the professionals this September 22, 2012.
PWAC-SK is hosting a full day of professional writing workshops and discussions. Learn about best practices in the business of writing, social media strategy, and niche writing from successful writers working and making a living in markets across the prairies and the world.
This full-day conference features:
- Breaking In: Taking Stock of the Marketplace by M E (Marie) Powell (http://mepowell.com/blog/): Learn from over 20 years of experience as
Regina-based professional writer Marie Powell helps us examine the current
print and online marketplace, how to choose a market, how to approach
those markets, and how to ensure success in the changing marketplace.
Marie is the founding president of PWAC-SK.
- Your Next Travel Story Might be Right in Your Own Backyard by Doreen Pendgracs (http://doreenpendgracs.com/): In this 2-hour workshop, Pendgracs will help attendees learn how to spin a travel story from virtually any experience, whether at home in your own backyard or halfway around the world. You'll learn how to find markets for your work and how to create your own! Doreen, PWAC National Vice President, has worked as a freelance professional writer for 19 years. She has authored dozens of non-fiction magazine, newspaper articles, and books. Her latest title, Chocolatour:A Quest for the World's Best Chocolate, is expected to be released within the next year.
- Niche Writing: Your Ticket to Success: Join us as we learn from experts currently working in diverse markets across the prairies. James Romanow(PWAC / SWG member), Jillian Bell (Saskatchewan Publishers Group),Michelle Greysen (PWAC Prairies and the North Regional Director / SWG Member), Darrell Noakes (PWAC / SWG member), and RoseAnna Schick (PWAC Manitoba member) will discuss the challenges of finding a niche, their successes as niche writers, and address where and how to publish their passions.
- All non-PWAC members will be entered in a draw to win a one-year PWAC membership (over $200 value).
- Draw to take place at 5:00 pm. You must be present to win.
We wish to thank our supporters, PWAC Writers.ca, Saskatchewan Tourism, the Saskatchewan Writers' Guild, the Saskatoon Writers' Coop and the Saskatchewan Population Health and Evaluation Research Unit, for sponsorship and continued support.